We know that cleaning isn't the most exciting thing. But cleaning can also be pampering, wellbeing and nice. At Humdakin, we're passionate about telling people that cleaning can be enjoyable and shouldn't be a chore.
Think of cleaning as wellbeing
We all know the overwhelming feeling of "I don't want to do that" that can occur when the sun comes in through the windows and dust and dirt really show up on surfaces and floors. The sun may also reveal that the windows are also in need of a clean after a long, dark and wet winter.
But if you prioritize and plan, the feeling doesn't have to overwhelm you and cleaning can become wellbeing.
Here we give you our top tips on how to turn cleaning into wellbeing instead of a chore.
- Try and have a positive mind about cleaning and most importantly, think about the feeling you'll have when you're done (we know it's easier said than done).
- Break cleaning into small chunks. Take the dust today and ignore the dust bunnies until tomorrow when you vacuum. This way, cleaning becomes manageable for you.
- Choose products that bring you joy. Prioritize cleaning products with a nice scent that easily spreads throughout your home and gives you the feeling of a clean home.
- As you may have read in our blog post on habits, it's a good idea to stack habits to make them easier to keep. Use a nice face mask while vacuuming, brew a cup of coffee while mopping the floor so it's ready after.
- Set aside just 5-10 minutes for a little cleaning at a time. You'll feel a sense of accomplishment and have a progressively cleaner home without it becoming overwhelming.
- Get some fresh air while you spend 5 minutes cleaning, it will clear your head and refresh your mind.
- Clean and THEN treat yourself to some fresh air, laying on the couch or a nice hot bath with delicious products.